Tuesday, September 13, 2011

CYBERHIVE 28: TECHNOSEXUALITIES | The Disney Industrial Complex... or How Mickey Mouse Touches So Much of What you See/Read

following up on the Disney trail in Ira Levin's THE STEPFORD WIVES...

From: Natalia Clingan
Subject: Re: updates to the schedule...: MALAS600B-01-Fall2011
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:36:15 -0700
To: William Nericcio

Here is a list of all the media Disney owns. They gave a form similar to this to me when I worked for them during my training workshops. They were proud, but I found it disturbing! That means that a predominant amount of our news and entertainment is orchestrated by the same company that we can see has a massive and rather conservative agenda. We also had a  percentage breakdown of how many Disney products and images were distributed via television, movies, books etc. It was shocking to find out that books were still their number one influence and one of their main money makers. I no longer have that secret piece of paper to scan:( The one thing I noticed this website is missing is Marvel, but I know that they only own a percentage. That being the case... what hero will save us now?

No comments:

Post a Comment