Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kieslowski-Like Dance Performance from San Diego

One your rad-hip colleagues just zapped me this missive; be sure to check out the video:

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 23:09:55 -0700
Subject:
From: amy monzon
To: bnericci@mail.sdsu.edu

Hi Prof!

I was watching some videos of a recent hip-hop dance competition and this video is of Mariel Martin and Keone Madrid dancing to "He Won't Go" by Adele. The dance community in san diego is just amazing, and i could probably send you endless videos of all sorts of dance pieces but i thought this particular video was fitting for class because we just finished watching La Double Vie de Véronique... and many of the elements in this number reminded me of the film and how we tend to discuss "the other self" and dopplegangers in class a lot. I thought the Mari and Keone did an amazing job (as they usual do) and I hope you enjoy it! :]

-amymichele.

No comments:

Post a Comment