Friday, March 04, 2011

Robotic, Erotic, Electric: ARTkive Gallery 42: CSI

Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 17:55:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Kaitlyn H
Subject: Re: Super Smart Professor in Women's Studies....: ENGL220-CX-Spring2011
To: William Nericcio

Professor Nericcio,

My name is Kaitlyn Hoskins in your English 220 class. I am an avid Law and Order: Special Victims Unit watcher and I stumbled upon and interesting episode today that pertains to the robotic portion of the class. While the majority of the episode was the usual cheesy scenarios and forensic analysis, towards the end of it, it was found that the murderer had implanted an RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) chip into his wifes shoulder to track her movements. The man is brought in for questioning where he says, "RFID is the wave of the future, in 15 years everyone will be implanted with a chip." The detective replies, "Really, where do I sign out of that?" The murderer then says, "The backwards attitude of the typical Luddite."



The episode is from season 8, episode 9 "Choreographed." The scene is about 30 minutes in. I watched it on Netflix so I'm not sure it can be artkive, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Also worth mentioning is that the murderer was Bob Saget, guest starring. Good laugh.

Thanks,
Kaitlyn Hoskins

No comments:

Post a Comment