Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Robotic, Erotic, Electric: ARTkive Gallery 37

>Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 22:30:00 -0500 (EST)
>From: Leahwimberly <<mailto:leahwimberly AT aol DOT   
>Subject: Robotic, Erotic, Electric... Other Interteresting Art  
>To: <mailto:bnericci@mail.sdsu.edu>bnericci@mail.sdsu.edu
>
>   Hello Professor Nericcio,
>    
>   My name is Leah Wimberly and I am in your Robotic, Erotic, Electric
>   class. As we are looking over Panter's artwork, it made me think back
>   to some previous experiences of mine. I was fortunate enough to have
>   met and witnessed the artist Michael Israel perform and my parents
>   actually own two of his pieces. I don't know if you are familiar with
>   his work, but it is very interesting and I think you would enjoy it
>   and appreciate it. Michael Israel paints on large canvases with both
>   brushes and his hands, while spinning the canvas in circles, keeping
>   people guessing as to what he is actually painting. My family attends
>   a charity event every year in Mexico and twice he has attended and
>   performed, and each time the audience goes crazy trying to figure out
>   what he is painting. Normally, the music he is playing hints at the
>   subject matter, but it is extremely hard to tell. I have witnessed him
>   paint Muhammed Ali, Teemu Selanne, the Stanley Cup, Marilyn Monroe,
>   the Beatles, and my favorite was John Lennon. He is, in my eyes, a
>   fabulous artist and based on what I have learned of you from class, I
>   think you would like his art too. Here is a video of him performing. I
>   hope you enjoy! It really is like nothing I have ever seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment